Friday, March 05, 2010

The Happy Man…

Everyday I take the 8:12 local from Vashi to Andheri. It’s an uncomfortable 1:10 hr journey on a crowded train and I meet a lot of people on the way. Among the regulars is one man, about 28-30 years old, always in 2nd last compartment. Gets in before me and alights at Vile Parle. He has his 4 friends who get in along the way.

Never before have I seen someone who is so happy. He’s always smiling and laughing. And cheerful to the hilt- which is quite difficult in a crowded Mumbai local where there just enough room for one to stand and breathe for the hour long journey.

What makes him so cheerful? I wonder every single time…

2 comments:

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Your post sounds like the way the movie 'Passenger' (mallu) starts. If you haven't, you should definitely watch it!

Rakesh said...

I've been out of touch with malayalam movie scene ecer since I moved out of K (sigh!).. not even heard of the movie..
hopefully will get to watch it when it comes on TV..